Presentations at industry events and meetings with portfolio managers, pension trustees and industry executives have resulted in significant progress.
Tobacco Free Portfolios has played an integral role in the decision of over 35 Australian Superannuation Funds to divest tobacco stocks worth approximately $2 billion dollars. With several billion dollars of Australians’ savings still invested in tobacco, we remain committed to this important work.
In the past year Tobacco Free Portfolios has welcomed tobacco-free decisions from global financial institutions in seven countries including:
- CalPERS, the largest pension fund in the USA (divested $550M USD tobacco stocks December 2016)
- AXA, the global insurance giant (divested 1.8B Euro May 2016)
- Medibank, the second largest Australian private health insurer
- AP4, one of the largest Swedish pension funds
- Fonds de Reserve Pour les Retraites, the largest French public pension fund
- Copenhagen City Council
- Lego Foundation
- Irish Sovereign Investment Fund
- Bank of New Zealand
- AMP Capital (divested $440M AUD March 2017)